Posted 21 Aug 08
Hi, it's me again with yet another news item.
It has come to my attention that some authors are acting rude or disrespectful to the mods.
Also, some authors believe that the mods are acting rude towards them.
To clear up this, let me just say this and Jenn and Kaiwynn will probably agree with me:
1. The mods are not here to pester you endlessly without a good reason. We are here to accept AND reject stories due to their coherency, basic plot outlines, and especially when they adhere to the rules.
2. Submission rules are there for a reason. When you pay attention and submit your chapter(s)/art/poem with a clear concept of what the rules are, there's a 99% that your stories will be accepted on the first turn. It's really not that hard to preview and review your story prior to submission. It will spare you and the mods to submit again.
3. Now, rejection letters. When your story is rejected, it's rejected for a reason or reasons. We don't do it to abuse the power we have, we do it because either your story did not adhere to the rules or was poorly outline/formatted. Emails are cordial and we never disrespect or make fun of an author due to their stories.
4. If a mod suggest that an author would probably benefit from a beta, don't take it the wrong way. There are plenty of betas offered on this site that can review your submission and okay it. When you have a beta, your chances of your submission being accepted is higher.
5. If you receive a rejection letter, it is RUDE to cuss at a mod, or any person, really. We don't do it to infuriate you or anything. So please don't disrespect the mods by using petty words and very, very disrespcetful behavior. What are you trying to prove, really? Your magnamious use of words that don't make you sound intelligent?
6. If you have an honest problem with a mod, feel more than free to email Kaiwynn at her email, but please don't cause unneccesary drama where it's not needed.
Other than that, the authors who have bbeen more than gracious and kind, you guys are awesome.
Keep submitting stories and have a nice day.