Posted 15 Sep 08
Okay, guys! At the request of quite a few of you, here is another one-shot challenge!
Since this idea has been bouncing around in my head for awhile, I'm curious to see what you guys come up with.
We all know the past between Jacob and Bella. But how will Renesmee react when she finds out? How will she find out? Will she be with Jacob at the time, or will she be with someone else? It can be funny, sad, romantic... the choices are limitless! Just get creative! :]
1) The one-shot should follow all normal rules for submissions: Proper grammar, spelling, word count, etc.
2) It can be told in any characters POV, as long as you stick to the challenge.
3) Stick to what happened in Breaking Dawn. Since, obviously, Renesmee wouldn't exist if this were BEFORE Breaking Dawn, it has to be set after, which means that it must stick to canon.
4) Your story must be validated before you email the submission to us.
5) The summary of the story should include a short summary (obviously), as well as One-Shot Nessie Challenge.
6) Please do not switch point of views. As mentioned earlier, the story can be told from whoever's perspective that you wish, but once you pick a perspective, stick to it.
And that's pretty much it. Just have fun, and follow the submission guidelines.
All submissions are due on or before OCTOBER 3rd. The winners (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and two honorable mentions) will be announced sometime shortly after.
Please email all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com for the time being. The subject should be "Twilight Archives Challenge", and the body should be your story. Please include your penname in the body of the email somewhere so I know who sent it. If I don't know who wrote it, I can't give anyone credit for their wonderful work!
Get writing! :]
Question: What about language? What types of language are we allowed to use? What can the rating be? Etc.
Answer: Just use care when writing. Would the story be validated if you submitted it to the submissions queue right now? If your answer is yes, then what you have written is appropriate. If the answer is no, you'll have to go back and change a few things, or your submission will be disqualified.
Question: Can I email it to you before it's validated, as long as I've already submitted it for validation?
Answer: No. This is simply because of the fact that this way, we can make sure the entry is appropriate before entering it into the contest. It makes things easier for both you and us. I'm sorry, I know sometimes it takes a little bit to get things through the queue, but I (j3nn) will be sure to check the queue more frequently until the contest is over.
If you look above, the due date has been extended because, quite frankly, we have barely gotten any submissions! Enter your work, it never hurts to try! Every single author on here is talented at what they do... so everyone should try and show it!
Also, MTV'S MADE! is coming to my highschool for auditions this friday. So if I'm not around much this weekend, it's because of MTV and colorguard. :]