Posted 25 Jan 09
The Contest is Now Closed! Expect Results in one to two weeks.
We've received one-shots from these authors, if you submitted a one-shot and your name is not on here, let us know in comments please.
- Moonlight Hunter
- Weaver of Souls
-best with breadsticks
please send your story/banner to all e-mail addresses on the list.
We are the Champions [Banner Contest]
Heyloo y'all, Iris here!
So the winners of this challenge will need a banner to put in their summary saying they won, right? So we're calling YOU to submit a banner!
Size: 350 x 100 pixels; about this big. Your banner should be able to fit inside that rectangle I linked to. E-mail if you need any more clarification about the size. (email@example.com). Don't be shy!
Text: Twilight Archives Jane Challenge Winner
Anything larger than 350 x 100 pixels will be disqualified if it is so out of proportion to that size that I cannot scale it down. The deadline for all banner entries is February 15, SUNDAY. Please e-mail the banners to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the banner attached in .jpg or .png format and your penname on the archives.
The winners will be chosen by a vote! I'll start a forum topic in the poll section and link to it from here, and you all will vote on which banner YOU think should be given to all the winners!
~ Iris Messenger
Hello guys! For those of you that are new to Twilight Archives, I'm Jacquelyn. :)
At the enormous amount of stories and great ideas that are rolling around on this site, I'd like to start another one-shot challenge. The theme is Jane. Take a peek into her life, whether it's in the past or present, and unleash your writing skills! Was she always the harsh, petite girl that was always ready to please Aro? Or is she somehow plotting her beloved master's demise? Was Jane the cause of the Volturi's rise? Or will she make them fall? Get creative with this one, guys!
1) Normal submission rules (must exceed 500 words, proper line format, spelling, grammar, ect.).
2) It must be in one point of view, no switching. Any one character counts as that, but only if the focus remains on Jane and the character's view point makes sense in the story.
3) Please stick to canon! :)
4) Your story must be validated before it is emailed to the mod.
5) Please include a short summary in the appropriate slot of your story along with the title of 'Jane One-Shot Challenge'.Please submit all stories to these email addresses after they've been validated: email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure the subject is stated as 'Jane One-Shot Challenge' and be sure to include your pen name! We'd love to acknowledge all of your stories, but can't give credit to them if we don't know the author!
The deadline for all one-shots is FEBRUARY 15th, SUNDAY. We will be announcing the winners sometime shortly after.Also, winners will consist of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and two honorable mentions. On a side note, however, everyone is welcome to submit a banner for the winners (once they are chosen).
Some Other Points (I thought I'd clear up):
- Poetry is accepted only if it is at least 500 words and the focus remains on Jane.
- All one-shots must be limited to a chapter.
- Writing perspective is not limited to third person (narrative).
- Please only submit one one-shot for the challenge. If you submit more than one, all but the original will be ignored.
- If there are any problems, with validation especially, please comment.
Have fun, guys!~ Jacquelyn (black2red)